Sunday, December 21, 2008

Obsession

I have a new addiction!!! On Friday Keith and I signed on to Facebook in order to see photos of our friend's new baby. (Congrats Brian and Trista! Jackson Gilbert Caldwell...) I am obsessed! Over the past couple of days I have logged on too many times to see if I have any messages and to see if anyone has posted anything. It is quite an addiction. Although I don't want to speak for Keith, I think he is hooked too. This morning when I went to log on I felt sort of ashamed that I was getting on AGAIN...only to find out that Keith had already logged on and posted something!!! Maybe Ryan needs his own page....(KIDDING!)

On a proud front, I am happy to say that Ryan started sleeping in his big crib a week ago and it has been going wonderfully. He sleeps great in it, thank goodness, and trust me, we don't take that for granted! He is still getting up once per night which is just fine. Last night he went down at 7:20pm, woke at 1am for a bottle and then slept until 7:15am. Once we put him down for the night we don't hear from him unless he has broken free from his swaddle or it is time for his bottle. It is nice to have him in his crib. I thought it would be a more difficult transition for me but he is right next door and now we can lay in bed and watch TV at night instead of tiptoeing around our room. We are still working on naps. They are inconsistent which is normal at this age. I read that naps aren't routine until at least 3 months, and our pediatrician even said it could be up to 6 months. So when he is tired we put him down and usually he will sleep for at least 45 minutes, sometimes even close to 3 hours! If he takes a long morning nap like he did yesterday, the afternoons tend to be more difficult nap-wise. He will only dabble with them, like 30 minutes here and there. Then he turns a bit cranky! Last night it turned out okay, because we just put him to bed earlier and he went down easily. He was ready!

It is freezing in Chicago today; I think it is 0 degrees! I think we will hang out by the fire and get the house ready for Keith's parents, who arrive on Tuesday, and Christmas. I am excited about Christmas, but also getting hit with reality. Two weeks from tomorrow I have to go back to work and Christmas is just a reminder of that. I know I should be living in the present and not in the future, but I am going to miss Ryan tremendously during the day. I am pretty sure I will be able to go down to working 4 days per week which will help. I can't believe this phase is coming to a close! It goes by so fast.....

No comments: