Monday, September 1, 2008

My Boy's First CU Win, Technically...

It's the end of the labor day weekend and I was able to watch the Buffs from the University of Colorado take it to our home town rivals, the CSU Rams. It was particularly enjoyable because with me was my son. Well, he could hear me rout for the buffs, who looked pretty darn good I might say. Amy and I went over to Joe's house and we were able to see the game and enjoy the evening. Watching the CU game was great, not only because it's football time again, but also because I will be able to watch the games this fall with my son, for real. I doubt he'll love it when I throw the baby bottle at the screen or kick the diaper pale in disgust, but he'll understand eventually.

The thought of holding my boy while watching the black and gold go up and down the field, hopefully not chasing the opposing team, is quite a thought. Brings a sense of accomplishment or a renewed sense of pride, in that the Brown legacy is being continued and hopefully, but not mandatory, my love for CU and Colorado football will be shared with my son.
We finished the nursery and we are waiting on a few more touch ups to show the room on our blog. I got a great gift from Amy's former co-worker in Park Meadows. Kris is a die hard buff fan and she got my son some great T shirts, as well as the coolest kid's book called "Hello Ralphie". Here's me reading it in the nursery. I love this book. It has the real names of the buildings on campus like Norlin Library and Ole Main. Amy's friend Kurt is sending his daughter to CU this fall and he said the tuition for in state is now about $75,000 for a five year education. I can only imagine what out of state costs are, but I had better start saving now. Either that or we move back to Denver or give them my parents address. Ummm, just thought of that. Nah.

Amy's past 33 weeks now and we have the baby shower coming up on September 15th and basically that will be it. We are going to try to de clutter the house with Gary and Donna's garage sale on September 19th and 20th. Other than that, and watching the Ryder Cup and CU and Bronco Football, my fall is pretty much laid out. She is starting to pack the overnight bag for when the kid comes. If he's like me, it will be at the most inappropriate time. I am hoping it's not on a Saturday or Sunday when football is on. Kidding.... They have TVs in the birthing rooms!! How great would it be to have our son delivered right when CU scores a touchdown:) Wow, I hope no one reading this is taking me seriously, but actually I can see several people shaking their heads and thinking "Yep, that sounds about right".

No comments: