Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cute Katie


We love Cute Katie!!! Katie is my friend from Crate who watches Ryan every other Tuesday. Yes, we call her "Cute Katie" (at work and at home!) every time we refer to her, and you can see why! I started working with her a little over a year ago when she moved here from Texas. She is a little spitfire; somewhat shy but has tons of energy and is one of the most easy going people that I have ever met. She helped me a great deal at work throughout my pregnancy, climbing up on the ladders and doing all of the fancy stunt work that we designers do day to day.
Anyway, I knew she loved kids and that she had done a lot of babysitting ("I love kids so much...I would babysit for free!"...) She even babysat for customers that she met in the store whose kids fell in love with her. I hit her up to see if she would be interested in a stint with Ry every other week and she was game! Since Keith has every other Tuesday off, Cute Katie fills in the alternate Tuesdays, and boom....one less day for Ryan at day care! This is what has enabled us to bring Ryan down to 2 days per week at day care and it works out well for everyone!
Most importantly, Ryan loves Katie. He giggles and squeals for her, and when I am holding him he is fixated on her and smiles like crazy. It is the cutest! They make quite a pair, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are going to be partners in crime. ;)